Thursday, January 18, 2007

Dancin Queen

Ok, so I have been told that I have been seriously letting people down with my general absence from the pestilog in the last few weeks. I'm sorry. I was way busy. In fact, I only turned in my last paper from fall term on monday. MONDAY! And on Tuesday, I was very involved in the project of lying around the floor on pillows drinking Soproni and smelling the anise scented tobacco of water pipes like a freikin harem at a shisha bar down the street from our house. In fact, the same one that can be seen down at the bottom of this post. So, that's what I have been doing with my time. Mostly.

We also had Christmas. That was nice. And another house guest from Turkey. I went to Germany for 5 days to see Kate, our hospitality club guest from October. Lots of stuff has been going on that I need to write about. But hopefully I will satiate those who have chided me for my inactivity of late with the story of my evening today.

Brigette and I have decided that we are going to go out and do more this term. Cause, last time we checked, we live in Budapest, and its pretty fabulous here, and there is lots to do that we havn't done. So in that spirit, I went down to A38. A38 is a club that is on a boat on the Buda side of the Petőfi Híd. And not just any boat. Its a Ukrainian stone-carrier ship.


Tonight, Szilvási was playing. They are a fabulous Gipsy band that plays around town. You can listen to some of their songs here:
Kutyamnak a Laba
Kothe Besjom
Zsav Po Lungo Drom
Kana Ando Foro Gelem
The show was phenomenal. This band attracts a crowd of dancers unlike any I've ever seen. I worked up a sweat that soaked through two shirts and a sweater while I was there. I ran into Gergő, who was there with the group, and met some German Erasmus kids at the bar.

On Monday, the same club is hosting Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. I may just have to go. Have to.

Anyway, at the moment, I am home, and finally back in my PJs. And Stephen and I have some Twin Peaks to watch. So, more stories for later.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home