Thursday, December 14, 2006

Credit Where Credit is Due

It occurred to me that there are a few things that i have never said thank you for that are really important to me.

Mom:
--For making me take piano lessons. There. I said it. Let us never speak of it again.
--For teaching me how to flatten peanut butter cookies with the back of a fork.
--For taking me out of school that day when Ms. Bovine and I got in a row.
--For telling me it was OK when I wanted to drop everything that I had been working for for 4 years and study anthropology instead.
--For not totally freaking out when I went on food stamps.
--For not totally freaking out, in general.

Dad:
--For teaching me to fish. Even though I am a vegetarian now, I still know how to do it, and I think that this makes me way cooler than everyone else.
--For taking me to Kentucky.
--For taking over my youth group when everyone else bailed. That may have been my favorite year ever.
--For keeping me a bedroom.
--For playing Ikari Warriors with me everyday.

John:
--For teaching me how to tie knots, and the difference between a cleat and a winch.
--For driving all the way out to LA to get me.
--For putting up with me.

Carolyn:
--For offering things no one else would think of offering.
--For teaching me how to use cover up.
--For being the best advocate I ever had.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home