Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Below the Belt

So here's a funny thing. I know that Europe is supposed to be this very fashion forward place, with lots of trendy things going on and being worn all the time. Most of the homeless guys in Deák Ferenc Tér have nicer sneakers than I do, for example, and have them in daring colors, like neon yellow.

I am also seeing a lot of fanny packs around Budapest, which I could not be more thrilled about. I have always thought that fanny packs were a highly under-utilized and under-represented accessory in the fashion world. And these Hungarians can totally rock the 1980's acid washed black denim prints like nobody's business.

But there is definatly some straying from the fold among the younger kids. They are picking up the pack, but have totally lost the sense of anatomical prescriptiveness in its name. I fully saw some guys wearing these things BELOW their butts on the train today. That's just not appropriate. Nor is it represent full acceptance of the laws of physics. Your butt is what keeps that thing from falling down. I just don't approve of this at all.
A bastion of euro-fashion! And how!

In addition, I would like to question the trend of burgundy hair. I thought I liked burgundy hair, especially on myself, until I met an ENTIRE COUNTRY of women with the exact same shade of maroon. Whatever.

Onto more relevant things, I saw a flat today that I want more than anything in the whole world. Its a 35000 HUF room in the 2nd district of Buda, walking distance from the chain bridge, with a girl named Judit who is an English teacher, and was once a Gender Studies student at CEU. She knows my department faculty better than I do actually. Its gorgeous and close and cheap and perfect. I want it. I want it so hard. But I have to wait for Friday to hear from her.

And guess what guys. There is totally critical mass in Budapest. haha. WOOT!


In case you cant read it, it says that it's next Friday. NEXT FRIDAY! Lord, I got here just in time. I must find the hookup with this Bike Federation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home